Pages

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Part of the 45%

According to CNN 10, which we actually watched yesterday morning because Mark got out of bed early enough, Americans spent 9.1 billion dollars on Halloween this year.  45% of Americans don't participate in Halloween so 55% are spending a whole lot of money!

I'm part of the 45%.  I boycott the whole thing.  Blek.

Our children participate.

Braeden has never been one to turn down a costume wearing opportunity.

He sent us these pictures (taken with them standing on the kitchen table in their dorm--that seems ill advised):




Sam is Heman and Braeden is Skeletor.

Then Braeden also sent this:


Apparently in a recent Star Wars movie (Who can remember which one?  My boys, that's who.) C-3PO has a red arm and introduces himself because he is afraid Han Solo won't recognize him with the red arm.

We asked him if people understood his costume.

"A few people did."

Emma and her friends dressed in Harry Potter style.  Of course they did.  Emma is a girl from Slytherin:



Adam asked her who tied the tie and she said she did.  He texted that he awarded 10 points to Slytherin for an exceptional knot.

Mark had some sort of costume in mind (as a Halloween boycotter I hadn't been involved).  On the way to school yesterday I asked him about what he was wearing.  "What is your costume again?"

He said, "Well, I changed my mind and I didn't do what I was planning before."

"So then what are you dressed as?" I asked.

"Nothing," he said, "I just look cool."

Apparently this is what cool looks like.

On the way home from school he told me a surprising number of people recognized his costume.

I said, "I thought you didn't have a particular costume..."

He said, "No, I'm Snake from Metal Gear."

Sometimes I'm sorry I ask.

Last night Mark went trick or treating with his friends.  Braeden and Emma couldn't go trick or treating once they were out of 6th grade.  I don't know.  He's spoiled OK?

Then he talked us into staying out later because trick or treating works up an appetite and they wanted to go get food.

"Do you have money?" I asked.

He said, "I have the 'treat yourself' money from Grandma."

You don't have to tell that kid twice to treat himself.





2 comments:

Jen Dahl said...

I love your kids and their awesome personalities and self confidence.

Megan said...

Did he seriously get away with wearing a GUN to school? Is that a think in Utah?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails