Pages

Monday, November 6, 2017

I'll always have a fond place in my heart for Jack

Mark's play was this last weekend.  The Importance of Being Earnest.  I loved the show when Braeden played Jack four years ago and I love the show still.

And now for the zealous drop of cell phone pictures I took.  I make up for the poor quality by the sheer volume.

The play was double cast so here is Mark with each of the Algernon's (although most of my pictures are with the second cast because my seats were better):

I loved that they were both ginger.

I loved that this Algernon reminded me a little of Jaden who was the Algernon to Braeden's Jack.
They had all the romantic partners the same throughout all the shows.  They were matched for height.  Here's Jack proposing to Gwendolyn:


Mark had the same Lady Bracknell too.  She was played by Braeden's friend Nate's younger sister and she was AWESOME.


Here's Mark in his garb of mourning announcing the death of his poor brother Ernest:


And here he is refusing to shake hands:


During the muffin eating scene, the muffins were so dry the boys really struggled to keep talking.  Braeden was sitting next to me and kept laughing so loud that Mark fought hard to not laugh himself. I kept poking Braeden and telling him he had to be quiet.


I've included this picture mostly because I was so enamored with Lady Bracknell's dress!


Here Mark thinks he's discovered his mother, Miss Prism:


And here is the conclusion where Lady Bracknell accuses  Jack of triviality but he declares, "I've now realized for the first time in my life the vital importance of being earnest."


And they take their bows:


It was great fun to watch.

I love that Braeden and Mark have had this experience to share.



Braeden helped some with the rehearsals because he needed to volunteer for his theater class.  I loved seeing the junior high boys excited to see Braeden and giving him high fives.

Friday night my parents and Tabor's family came to watch.  I'm really terrible at getting good pictures after the show but I did manage to capture Mark with Tabor's girls:


We were grateful they came to watch.  (Tabor and family stayed with us that night.  Tabor and I stayed up way, way, way too late talking.  I'm grateful for brothers and sisters who love me.  Talking to them always heals something in me a little bit.)

Mark, more introverted than Braeden (everyone is more introverted than Braeden), is not sad that the show is over.  He enjoyed it but he's glad to "get his after school" back.

And I'll be happy to see more of him too.


2 comments:

Marianne said...

It looks amazing! I wish I could have seen it!

Olivia Cobian said...

I wish I could have been there! It looks like a wonderful show!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails