Pages

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

When you're happily married

Last weekend we were playing Codenames with our kids (including extra roommates).  Mark wanted to be on the same team as Braeden and friends but Emma knew enough to stick with Adam and me.  We're pretty much the dream team.  (Not to brag or anything, but yes to brag.)

In Codenames, you say one word that somehow links other words you are trying to get your team to guess.  Because it was Adam, and I was trying to link Canada and bed, I said Coquitlam.

"What?!?" our kids said incredulously.  They had no idea where I was going with that one.

But Adam did.  There is an IKEA in Coquitlam, B.C. and where do you buy beds (if you're us)?  IKEA.

Soul mates.

Then yesterday, we were doing errands and I realized I didn't have a book.  Rookie mistake.  Adam suggested we stop at the library so I could pick up another one.  Who does that?  Adam.  I told him I would try to be quick.

He said, "I'll stay in the car and keep it warm, take your time."

I had no idea how smart I was being when I married that guy.




“I want all of you, forever, you and me every day.” – The Notebook

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails