Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2021

Reminder

Sometimes I feel like I'm hurtling through my day.  There is a lot of hurrying.  There is a lot of activity.  There is a lot of stuff. 

Ever since Mark had his patriarchal blessing, I have been wanting to reread mine.  Last night I finally took the time to do it.

In a shocking turn of events, I cried.

My grandpa gave me my blessing and it is a tender memory to remember sitting in their house with my parents. My grandma was the scribe as my grandpa lay his hands on my head.  I see his signature on the paper and hear his voice in my mind and I'm filled with gratitude for my heritage and my blessings and opportunities.

Even more than that, my patriarchal blessing is a gentle reminder of the fact that some things matter more than others.  They just do.  

I think I should read it more often and hurtle through life a little less.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails