Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Weekend

My strategy is to not take any pictures and then steal pictures from my sisters.

Which is to say, I didn't take one of these pictures.

We had a lovely weekend!  Liberty, the glowing angel girl that she is, came home from her mission on Friday.  We met in a private room at a BBQ place in Midvale.  

Mark sat with the kids born in the 2000s.  Carolina, Hyrum, Lili, Mark and Johnson cousins I don't know all the names of.

Then there was the 90s table. (Except Charlotte.  She's younger than that.  And now that I think of it, so is Liberty.)  Liberty, Mason, Desi, Braeden, Anna, Emma, Katie and Charlotte.

Here's the older and wiser table that I was a part of:

Adam, me, my dad, my mom, my grandma and Robert.  Marianne was snapping the pictures but she sat with us too.

Saturday morning we went to the temple!

Katie, Tabor, Desi, Robert, Marianne, Hyrum, Liberty, my dad, my mom, me, Adam, Olivia, Braeden and Edgar

It was wonderful.  I have missed the temple.  And I was so happy to be there with these people I love.  When Hyrum walked in the room, I felt such overwhelming love for that kid.  This is where it's at.  Pure joy.  He could only have 16 guests and we felt honored to be included.

That night Adam and I went to dinner with Dave and Nola.  (My sisters didn't take any pictures of that.)  It was so much fun.  They finally kicked us out and said they were closing or we may still be in the restaurant visiting.  We have an easy friendship with them.  We have so much in common that we just naturally have a lot to talk about.

Sunday we hit the road early and headed to Nevada.  We listened to our own sacrament meeting while we drove (love that we can do that!) and then we went to church in Wells.  It was fun watching our nephews pass the sacrament and I loved hearing dear Liberty speak.  She is goodness personified.  That is all.

We met at Marianne's for a big lunch and I enjoyed myself immensely.  Mark had a grand time with his cousins and we had some female bonding.


Ammon took the picture for us.

Speaking of pictures, since we were ALL there except Clarissa and Timeon, Braeden and Anna, and Emma, my mom wanted to take a family picture.  After some debate about sun and shadows, we took some pictures.

The whole gang:

The parents and the grandparents:


The original eight:


We got home late, but it was a happy day and a happy weekend.  I love that we can be together again.  Praise be for vaccines!

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I didn't know Katie was born in the 90's! No wonder she looks so much younger than Tabor!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails