Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Times they are a changing

Yesterday Marianne texted me because I hadn't blogged.  She worries I've fallen off the face of the earth when I don't post something.  I am fine.  But I had been through something.

I was sick on Sunday.  More sick than I've been in a very long time.  It wasn't pretty.  Braeden asked me if it was worse than Covid.  It was.

I think the recovery will be more swift though!

Anna said that after my stressful week, maybe my body had just decided to call it quits.

Maybe.

Last week I didn't sleep much and I felt lots o' stress.  I was circulating around the reality of my kids growing up and encountering uncertainty at work.  (A great recipe for peace of mind, am I right?)  We knew that we were losing a third grade teacher because our numbers are down.  We knew that the teacher would still have a job at the school, but we were all stressed with the uncertainty.

I figured it would be me, as the least senior member of our third grade team, who would be relocated and I was right.  I found out on Friday that I'm going to teach fourth grade next year.  

People at school keep checking on me and seeing if I'm OK.  I am.

I am sad that I won't be with my team.  We are a good team and they are my friends.  I'm sad I won't be with third graders because I like third graders.

I'm grateful about some things too.  I'm grateful that I get to still teach at my school.  I love my school.  A lot.  I'm grateful I get to keep my same classroom!  I don't have to move and that's huge.  I've never taught fourth grade so I might like it.  I might like it more than third grade.  Who knows?  I'm grateful that I will get to teach some of my current students another year.  I'm grateful that the fourth grade teachers are kind and act enthusiastic to have me on the team. I'm grateful that my principal feels slightly guilty about making me change grades so I took the opportunity to ask him to relocate my projector and he said he already had a work order in for it.

Gotta strike while the iron is hot.

So it's all a lot but it's also good.  I'm sad my boys are moving on to further their educations and I'm grateful my boys are moving on to further their educations.  I'm sad to not be teaching 3rd grade but I'm grateful to be a teacher at a school I love.

Albert Einstein said, "The measure of intelligence is the ability to change."

(I'll keep on working on it.  I want Albert to think I'm intelligent.)


2 comments:

Geri said...

You are intelligent, kind, creative and have a willing heart. Put the future away and enjoy these precious days.

Olivia Cobian said...

I agree with Geri. You are intelligent, and you do an excellent job of changing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails