Pages

Monday, March 22, 2021

Good things

Last week one of my students asked me if I had any good news.  I said, "Tomorrow is Friday?"

He said, "No, good news for TODAY."

I had nothing.

I have had a hard couple of weeks.  My patience is worn thin because I'm distracted and overwhelmed and I don't like it.  I don't like being busy or overwhelmed.  I like margins and quiet and I haven't had enough of either.

I feel a little ashamed that I have been struggling.  Some people have actual problems and mine are mostly in my head.  They are still real though.  They are still robbing me of sleep.

So maybe they are actual problems, just I wish they weren't.

I don't know.

There are good things in my life though and I need to remember them more often and let go/accept/process and move on from the rest.

Every once in awhile Emma texts me something from years ago that she saw on my blog and it makes me smile because it is a memory recorded that I would otherwise have forgotten.  

Here are some good things I want to remember.  Good things about right now.

  • Me trying to keep my face neutral during our Google Meet Sunday School class when funny texts from my boys keep popping up.  I could put my phone on do not disturb but sometimes it's the only thing that gets me through Google Meet Sunday School class.
  • We have daffodils and off and on snow and a dramatic sky.  Spring in the mountains.
  • Adam and I were the only ones home and we had cheese and crackers and fruit for dinner and that is my perfect dinner.
  • Mark had to speak in church and he was so nervous he would barely talk to me all morning and then he walked right out of the chapel after speaking.  He's like a human mic drop.  (But his talk was a good one.)
  • Mark leaned over and told me he could hear me judging someone who wasn't wearing a mask.  I said, "Are my thoughts that loud?"  Seriously.  Just wear a mask.
  • Emma is moving home sooner than I thought.  No one can be uncheered by that.
  • A ministering interview with one of my friends turned into an hour chat session and I loved it.  She looked at the clock and said that she needed to leave before I turned into a pumpkin.  She knows me and my early bedtime.
  • Yesterday I had a lot of ministering interviews and I'm blown away by how good some of these ladies are.  I want to be like them.  I have a long ways to go.
  • Emma was our only extra yesterday.  We looked at some pictures on Family Search Braeden had told us about.
Here's a picture of Adam's grandpa holding Adam's uncle and he looks so much like Braeden!


I took pictures of pictures in dim light so they aren't great, but here's Braeden:


My only explanation is that we must have had a nanny back then because there's no way I was that young. 

Emma and Adam and I looked over the scrapbook of the first year of Braeden's life.  It's a pretty low quality affair, filled with my earnest efforts to document.  I am glad we have it though.

2 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

You sure had a cute nanny!

Mark Dahl said...

She was a cute nanny. And Adam's uncle sure looks like Braeden or vice versa.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails