Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Fluctuating principles

I have had an on again off again relationship with Facebook and I'm tired of it.  It's divisive and unhelpful in my life.  It's the only good way I have to connect with some people so I'm not going to delete my account, but I'm giving it a wide berth.

Olivia gave me a start of a yellow rose bush and I planted it in our yard.  I fertilized the soil and watered it deeply.  I'm going to give it as much attention as I can.  I know I planted it too late but I'm hoping the crazy cold weather will offset that.

If it doesn't make it, I will try again because Olivia has thriving yellow roses and so do my parents.  They came from my grandma and grandpa Dahl's yard and I want some too.  I won't give up on this one.

I am also not giving up on fighting the good fight on hospital bills.  I really like our insurance and I am grateful for it.  There are bills that have slipped through their cracks though.  I keep getting the same bill from the hospital from when Emma had her surgery in December.  I call the insurance company and they agree with me that yes, the insurance should have covered it.  They tell me they will resubmit the claim.  Then the next month I get the exact same bill from the hospital and we start the process over again.  Every month since January.  It's been a lot of fun.  But I'm not giving up.

Emma got a long overdue bill from the electric company on an account from her last apartment that she thought was all closed and taken care of.  She freaked out and I promised her I'd help her get to the bottom of it.  I told her that a lot of adulthood is the frustration of trying to figure out things like that.  It helps when the hold music is good.  I won't stop until we get it resolved.

My principles are not iron clad though.  My principles faltered and I turned on the heat.  In June.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails