Pages

Friday, June 5, 2020

Grateful Friday

I was so so so (SO) grateful yesterday that I was able to get in to the chiropractor.  I had been on the waitlist for a few days and my whining appeals to the kind office staff finally paid off.

I had three ribs out of place and if you have ever had three ribs out of place, you know that doesn't feel great.

***

I am grateful for Mark.  Yesterday I was standing at the sink washing celery stalks that I was about to cut up and eat with peanut butter. (Is there anything better?  And it has to be Adams peanut butter and I'm not just saying that because Adam is the love of my life.)  Mark was out mowing the lawn and I saw something brown and still across the yard.  I thought it was either a dead squirrel or a deer leg that some animal had dragged into our yard.  Mark was on the other side of the yard.  The next time I looked out the window, he had stopped mowing and he had a snow shovel and scooped up the dead squirrel (turns out that is what it was) and hurled it onto the hill.

When he came inside I told him he was awesome (because I wouldn't have done that--I would have gone and found him and had him do it).  He shrugged and looked at me like I was a weirdo because what else was he going to do?

A few days ago, Adam had Mark check all the drip irrigation in the yard.  He did and he also reconfigured the whole set up in the front flower bed because he thought it would work better.

That is exactly the kind of thing either one of his grandpas would 1) know how to do and 2) just do without being asked because what else were they going to do?

Every time Mark is like his grandpas it makes me happy.

***

I'm grateful for Emma.  I love having her around.  She just adds this Emma-ness that isn't the same without her.  I love how she listens without any sort of agenda.  She's always been one to soak up and process information quietly.

***

I'm grateful for Adam.  That kid works so hard.  His capacity for hard work and also his capacity for smart work amaze me.

And then he'll stop working and grill chicken for dinner.

And then after I go to sleep he goes back to his office.  This month is a super busy one for him.  I'm hoping things ease up as time passes.

***

I'm mostly grateful today that we're heading to Nevada.  I don't even remember the last time we went.  Maybe around the New Year?  It's been a long time.  We are going to socially distance visit my parents and help celebrate Hyrum's graduation and Omar's baptism.

(Ruben is baptizing Omar in Boulder Creek and it is supposed to be cold.  If nothing else, it will be memorable.)

I'm so looking forward to spending time with my family.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails