Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Mark

Mark told me yesterday that today is his half birthday.  (We're still doing that apparently.)  I said, "Is it?"

He said yes.

I said, "So what do you want to do?"

He said, "Well, get dinner somewhere..."  (He always wants to get dinner somewhere.) "...and watch a movie."

He had the movie all decided but I can't remember the name.  I did tell him it didn't grammatically make sense as a title and he said, "Who are you to say what is or isn't grammatically correct?"

I said, "I'm a teacher."

He went on to describe the movie and it is a suspenseful sci-fi movie so I will definitely have a book to read on the sly, just in case.

And he doesn't read my blog so he'll never know.

Also, he asked me yesterday if I've been writing my blog.  I said yes and he said one of his great accomplishments in life is that I write a blog.  (When I stopped writing regularly because my world tilted when I became a teacher, Mark encouraged me to get back to writing.)

He checks up on me, but he doesn't read it.

He already got his half birthday gift a few weeks ago.  It was a wall hanging for his bedroom that he had to have.  And he remembered that his half birthday would be an opportunity to get some money out of me.

There is one thing about Mark that you should know.

He keeps me on my toes.

This picture was taken 9 years ago but the attitude is definitely still the same.  He thinks he's in charge and he always has.
When he's not being a little tyrant, he is definitely one of my favorite people though.

Yesterday we went on a flooring sample expedition to Salt Lake City.  He fed me all his strong opinions about politics and flooring.  He went inside and bought me a soda at Maverik while I filled the car with gas.  He said, "I hope I got the right amount of ice."  He did.  I told him about the Seinfeld episode we watched last night and he laughed a satisfying amount for the storyteller.  He told me about what he is and isn't looking forward to in his senior year.  He found all the good music to listen to and he told me he loves me.

Ever since he was a little kid, he just randomly tells me he loves me.

I love him too.

2 comments:

Mark Dahl said...

We all love him.

Olivia Cobian said...

I want to see the wall hanging.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails