Pages

Friday, June 26, 2020

Grateful Friday

First of all, people are crazy.

On the one hand you have things like the CHOP in Seattle where they took out the police and thought that would go well until there were two shootings....

On the other hand you have people posting pictures like this on Facebook:


Yes.  It is a conspiracy by every health professional in the country....

People.  Are.  Crazy.

I told Adam the other day I'd never felt more jaded about things and he said, "I've felt this jaded for a while."

But.

We're not just sitting around feeling jaded.

We're also playing cribbage.

I'm awful at cribbage because you have to do a lot of math in your head and that is my kryptonite.  Adam and Emma are regular whizzes at it though.  We've been playing every evening.  Last night, for the first time, I won.  You can bet I gloated because it was probably a once in a lifetime experience.

When you have outrage fatigue, I recommend more cribbage and less social media and less news.  I'm grateful I have the ability and luxury to shut it all out.

I know that the surest way to peace is to focus on the right things.  My faith in Jesus Christ and hope of better things strengthens me.

Here's another thing to be grateful about.  Adam and I were at Target the other day (both wearing masks BTW).  They have cleared out the shelves where they put the school supplies.  The school supplies weren't out yet, but they will be soon.

It made me giddy.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails