Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Update

The mealworms:  They are still alive. As a class, we put them in a terrarium (also ordered by Janelle).  I'm going to have Miriam babysit (worm sit?) them when I'm gone.

Sub plans:  Creating sub plans is much harder than being at school.  I have to spell out everything and plan stuff that will work and minimize the crazy.  I have to weigh how much to have them participate in the quirky behavior plans I have going.

The weather:  Man, it's cold!  We're not used to it.  I had recess duty yesterday and I wore my warmest coat and I was still a little chilly.  There were some little kids in hoodies.  Some of them "can't find" their coat, some of them didn't want to bring their coat, some of them don't have a coat.  I told them all to tell their teachers if they needed a coat.  The school has coats!  We played the game I always instigate when they're cold and gather around me.  We play like we're penguins.  We put the little penguins in the middle to make them warm and we huddle together.  Then I have them switch places so everyone gets a turn being the little penguins.  I do that until recess is over and we're all out of our misery.

(It's not a very fun game.)

Anna had a little lamb:




 I'd be happy if that little lamb followed me to school one day, even if it was against the rules.



3 comments:

Mark Dahl said...

I think of "What makes the lamb love Mary so?
Oh Mary loves the lamb you know."

Braeden and Anna love that little lamb so much. I love watching them with her.
So wonderful.
We all love that little lamb.

Olivia Cobian said...

That lamb is so precious!!!

Marianne said...

What an adorable little lamb!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails