Pages

Monday, October 3, 2022

Weekend

The first weekend in October is my favorite weekend of the entire year.  I love autumn; I love General Conference.  It's just about perfect.  I missed having Emma here, working on puzzles.  She called from Ireland and sent a few texts and pictures and I'm happy she is having a great time.


She went to Evensong at St. Patrick's Cathedral.  She said she was jealous of the choir because nothing beats performing that kind of music in a place with those acoustics.

Periodically, Emma or Mark send a text like this:


Her parents happily comply.




When we FaceTime with them, she smiles and bounces and grabs the phone and puts it in her mouth.

I loved listening to General Conference.  We took a drive Saturday afternoon in the mountains to see the exquisite vistas and leaves.  I got a little carsick, but it was also beautiful.

During the sessions at home, I finished this:


And I also worked on my scrabble tile ornaments for my class.



General Conference left me feeling joyful, hopeful, loved, chastened and encouraged.  I thank thee oh God for a prophet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love conference weekend too …and that beautiful baby. 💕What a doll. (Erin…don’t think I’m signed in.)

Olivia Cobian said...

Wow! Your cross stitch is amazing! As are your students' ornaments! And your baby!!! I just want to pick her up and snuggle her!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails