Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2022

How to improve your day

Yesterday was an angsty sort of day.  We have had a few mice in our basement in the past few months and I am COMPLETELY horrified by this turn of events.  I don't know why mice are so terrifying, but they are.  

I decided that I would put all the Christmas decorations, which were formerly in cardboard boxes, into bins.  Also, since we're planning to go to Nevada this weekend, I decided I might as well start on the Christmas decoration dismantling.  

It's a big project.  

Especially the trees.  By the time I was done with the second, very heavily decorated tree, I decided that maybe the Grinch hated Christmas because he had to undecorate the trees by himself.  I may get rid of some ornaments now that my nest is empty-ish.

What was really bad in my day though, was that I took some stuff to the dungeon, which is what we affectionately call our storage room in the basement.  There was a dead mouse in a trap.

I. Can't.

I didn't even want to go downstairs for the rest of the day.

For the first time in my life, I was tempted to get a cat.  Or twelve.

Everything was left in more disarray than when I started it seemed with my Christmas project, and that was discouraging, but I changed my clothes and left the mess behind.  I picked Braeden and Anna up at the Carlsons and we met Emma and Adam at the Jordan River temple and performed sealings for our ancestors.

I loved being in the temple together!  All the angst of the day floated away and I felt so grateful for my children and Adam and the ties that bind us.  I'm grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I'm grateful for temples and covenants.  It was a perfect way to turn a grumpy day right side up.

Also, when I got home, Mark had emptied the trap and tidied up the house.  He checked the trap-line before work this morning and we are mouse free.

For now.



2 comments:

Marianne said...

A great reminder of keeping an eternal perspective. We would be sooo happy to give you a cat. Or six!

Olivia Cobian said...

Ditto to what Marianne said! I love the temple, and I would LOVE to give you some cats!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails