Pages

Monday, December 5, 2022

Weekend

Christmas is in the peppermint scented air around here (Peppermint Twist wallflowers from Bath and Body Works are my love language).

Mark arranged the bears.


They won't stay that way.  They are looking forward to Eleanor flinging them about.  The bears were meant to be played with and I think they've been lonely the past few years.

Speaking of Eleanor, I set up the nativity she can play with:

on the floor, hopefully distracting her from other pursuits

And the nativity she can't play with:


I got everything arranged and my favorite view is either this one:

red + straw forever

Or these from the upstairs hall (made possible by Mark climbing on a ladder and being willing to move it a little more this way or that, then ducking so I can see--I'm a lot of fun):



Once Horace is looking handsome in his red bow, I know it's time for Christmas magic.


Sunday, we decorated the big tree.  Adam managed the hooks and also took a few pictures.



Our tree with its quirky hodge-podge of random ornaments reflect our lives together and I love it.  The wrapping paper is courtesy of my Stendig calendar.  I have long been a red wrapping paper only person, but I like the black and white with red bows.  Plus I already have the calendar pages.  Why not?

4 comments:

Marianne said...

That picture of you and your kids is BEAUTIFUL!

Geri said...

The black and white wrapping paper adds a touch of elegance. I miss visiting at your home during the holidays.

Mark Dahl said...

It all looks lovely, but please put on a photo of the whole big tree. I wonder what it will all look like after Eleanor has her way with it.

Olivia Cobian said...

You are so clever--such a gifted decorator!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails