Pages

Monday, December 26, 2022

Weekend--Merry Christmas edition

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

Saturday, I tried a new recipe for gluten free cinnamon rolls.  The recipe was slightly confusing and I didn't use rapid rise yeast like I was supposed to (I realized too late).  Since gluten free dough is so different from regular dough, I didn't realize how under proved they were.  Mark still liked them.  I kept telling him next time they would be better.  He told me he has really low standards for gluten free.  None of it is that good.  Poor kid.  I did dump a healthy (unhealthy?) dose of icing on top to make up for things.

We had a nice day watching A Muppet Christmas Carol and A Charlie Brown Christmas and wrapping last minute things.  I loved the hubbub of anticipation.  Mark was especially excited.  He got good gifts for everyone since he is a working man this year and he loved it. (So did all his recipients.)

We had a FaceTime conversation with Stella which was wonderful.  She is such a force for good in the world!

In the evening, we watched the Nativity movie and Adam read to us from the scriptures.  And I cried.  Surrounded by my family who mean so much to me and thinking about other family who mean so much to me, I felt very grateful for Jesus Christ.  The older I get, the more it all matters to me.

We thought about our dear Raelyn and everyone who misses her.  I am grateful to know where she is and I picture her happy and progressing and learning and laughing her infectious laugh alongside Grandpa Linn.

Christmas morning we spent a peaceful and happy time opening gifts.  Everyone was happy with their gifts; everyone felt seen and loved.  I could not ask for more.

We went to church and I happily took on Grandma Duty.  Afterward, Braeden and Anna hastily packed and they headed off to the Carlsons for the rest of their vacation.  I cried again when I said good-bye.  We loved having them!

Adam and I took naps and when the introverts returned, they went to their rooms and closed the doors.  I got the house tidier than it had been in over a week.  All the people who say that it is a good thing you have babies when you are young are not wrong.

They take a lot of energy!

They also bring a lot of love, so much you think you may burst sometimes.

My friend at church was saying she was the most beautiful baby and I told her it is worth raising your kids.  Grandkids are the thing!

In the evening after we ate our simple ham dinner, we played games.  Megan sent us Left Center Right.  It comes with chips to play for, but we had played it at a work event (for candy) and Kristie said their extended family played on New Year's Eve for $5 bills.  

I pulled some quarters out of our everlasting coin jar     Emma said, "OK Nevada girl."

But is it gambling if you provide all the quarters?

Mark won the first round and kept the quarters.  Emma won the second round and said, "Is it OK if I don't really want these quarters?"

On brand for both of them.

Then we played It's a Small World, which is a game Adam bought for me.  1) I love It's a Small World.  It is one of my favorite rides at Disneyland.  2) It is a perfect grandma game to have because you don't have to read to play. 3) It fits the vibe of our family.  Completely uncompetitive by nature, but we were there for the art and the attention to detail and the clever nature of the set up.


It's a wonderful life!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails