Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

Eventful Life

Last night the realization washed over me that my high expectations for a Less Busy Summer and my high expectations for All I Am Going To Get Done this summer...

...were not going to go together very well.

Sometimes--quite often--reality is no fun.

I was sitting perched on our bed with my planner in hand, lamenting it all to Adam.

I said, "Just look around this room and you can see how behind I am."

Adam looked around the room. He saw things like this sweater that's been there days, weeks, months, decades, since before the dawn of time...I don't know.

And its missing button that's been there at least as long, waiting to be sewn back on.



Adam said, "This just means you're alive. This," and he swept his arm majestically across the expanse of our less than perfect bedroom, "Is evidence of an eventful life."

Aren't you glad I married Adam?

I know I am.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails