Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It's My Birthday, I'll Be Tyrannical If I Want To


Today Mark is 6 1/2. With our tendency for birthdays close to Christmas, we celebrate half birthdays. Just another notch in our making-our-children-out-of-touch-with-reality belt. (Like his siblings before him, Mark wondered why they didn't sing to him in primary.)

Mark also decided he wanted to celebrate his birthday on Tuesday, not Wednesday. No amount of convincing him that wouldn't happen made a difference. He insisted.

Customarily I ask my birthday honorees for menu suggestions. Here's what Mark wanted:

breakfast: waffles
lunch: pancakes
dinner: oven pancakes

We were going to be swimming in a sticky syrup stupor all day.

I tried to come up with alternatives.

About this time my angel son informed me that he was in charge of his birthday and I was not. Whatever he said was going to happen, was going to happen.

Enter Adam with the stern fatherly advice. I don't know if it's the big deep voice or the big size but when Adam speaks, the children listen.

Humbled, Mark acquiesced.

We had the waffles for breakfast.

We're having leftover pizza (from last night's dinner at Alfy's) for lunch.

We're having hot dogs cooked on the grill for dinner.

Don't judge me and I won't look at the ingredients on the hot dog package and I think we'll all be OK.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We also had hotdogs on the grill today for Hyrum's birthday and tomorrow we'll be having German pancakes with sausage and for dinner we'll be having pork chops. Hyrum refers meat to syrup.

Melanee said...

Happy Birthday Mark! Ammon would love some hot dogs. I use the excuse that they are not safe meat and I'm pregnant. Maybe when we come visit Ammon can get a hot dog. I personally feel like the first menu was the better one.

Susie said...

Happy half Birthday Mark!! Sounds like you would be swimming in syrup for sure. I bet your glad the menu got changed. Hope he had a fun day celebrating his day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails