Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Must...Get...Structure

School ended Friday and swim team practice starts Monday and this week we find ourselves between the bookends of structure.

We've accomplished a fair bit: we've done our reading...

Mark decided to read 7 short kindergarten stories today to build his caterpillar.

...and we've done our deep cleaning for the day--downstairs bathroom and coat closet.

But there's a lot of structure gone. After the piano recital of last night...

Pictured here with Emma is their wonderful teacher, Sarah



...there's no more preparing for that.

The school books are sitting quietly alone for the most part.

I've also limited screen time--TV and computer.

And what have my kids decided to do with their new found time?

They've tied each other up (a lot).



They've made really crazy movie clips that make me wonder if they're not a little deranged. (Which I would show you but I'm not smart enough to figure that out. Just trust me, they're crazy.)

Braeden decided to do a science experiment to see how different substances effect fermentation of grapes.



They've made an effusive scattering of all of their belongings.



And as soon as everything is picked up, they're going on a bike ride.

Because I'm tired.

1 comment:

Susie and Jay Larson said...

Thank you so much for you presentation tonight and for your comment on up. I am so glad you are in the ward.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails