Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Confession

I did it.

I swore Never Again.

And I caved.

I went to…(gulp)…Wal-Mart.

I’m ashamed.

I sold out.

I have no integrity.

I hate Wal-Mart.

The whole Wal-Mart experience.

But Target let me down.

They had the sunglasses for our kids (I read you can prevent cataracts by wearing sunglasses before age 18 and I believe everything I read).

They had the scrub brush. (I sacrificed mine to scrubbing the vent above my stovetop…then it was either clean the nasty brush or get a new one).

They did not have the drip pans for the burners (I also replace rather than clean those…they are so cheap in relation to how hard they are to clean).

They did not have the fertilizer for the lawn that Adam wanted.

They did not have the microwave cleaner I wanted.

So…we…went…to…Wal-Mart.

Our kids were incredulous.

I’m ashamed.

And I hated Wal-Mart. Especially when they had (except for the microwave cleaner…don’t they make that anymore?) what I wanted for cheap. (that makes it hard to keep my resolve…thanks for nothing Wal-Mart)

Especially when the aisles were so crowded and the employees seemed to ooze incompetence. Like usual.

Especially when I felt like I’d sold my soul the whole time.

I’m ashamed.

2 comments:

Tabor said...

Main Street Killer!

lifeatthewhitehouse said...

I'm with you, there! Hate the place! I find it worth the few extra dollars on my receipt to go to Target or Fred Meyer. Whenever I am reduced to going I find myself constantly looking over my shoulder, like I'll be jumped or something! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails