Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Up

Every once in awhile, something works.

This was one of those things:




I made a chart about a month ago. Every morning if our children got their work done by a set time, they got a "balloon" (smiley face sticker) for each task. Once we had 400, we would go see the movie Up.

This seemed like a lot to our kids. 400?! Sometimes people rise to the occasion though and this was one of those times.

The best part of the whole thing? They nagged each other instead of me nagging them to do their work. (Braeden is an especially skilled nagger.) I loved it!

I also loved the movie. I highly recommend it. And take Kleenex. It made me cry. Also, Mark was allergic to something in that theater (maybe the guy next to him glaring each time Mark sneezed?). Finally after digging in my purse in vain for anything Mark could wipe his nose on, I offered him my jacket sleeve. Then my other sleeve.

Adam wondered why Mark skedaddled over to hold my hand when we got to parking lot. I think my snotty jacket sleeves spoke for themselves. You've got to stick with someone who will let you wipe their nose (over and over) on their sleeve.

P.S. Susie, I saw your brother's name in the credits and I thought of you! I wanted to nudge the (glaring) man next to me and say, "Hey, I know that guy! Well, OK, I don't know him but I know his sister...so who's glaring now?"

1 comment:

Anna said...

I cried several times during that movie!!!! It was a good thing the theater was dark...but not dark enough to see the cute elderly couple a few rows in front of me sitting close. Love your blog girl!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails