Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

I'm Going With The First Option

I have this endearing habit (you call it what you like and I'll call it what I like) of getting an idea and sticking to it like a dog with a meaty bone. I like my Idea. And I want to talk about it. With Adam.

When we moved into our house coming up on 6 years ago, I determined that I would never move again. I loved my little house. It was Just Right.

Adam and I liked to have conversations about what we could do to improve it outside and in. They were fun conversations.

But lately when Adam says something like, we could plant a tree, I say, "Or we could just move."

When I complain about the tight quarters in the kitchen when multiple people are cooking, he tells me we could move the island over and I say, "Or we could just move."

Because I have a bee in my bonnet about moving. I told Adam all along that when they started building new houses I wanted to move. And we would like a bigger garage and a bigger kitchen. But mostly I think I'm just out of walls to paint and I am still otherwise in love with my house.

I have been talking to Adam about moving. I told him about House A. Remember, we've been there? Remember? Remember? Wouldn't it be just perfect?

Yes, you've told me about it. Yes we've been there. No I don't remember. But (cutting me off from retelling) you've. Told. Me. About. It.

Or we could move to a house with a pool. How about a pool (dream big I say). Wouldn't you like a pool. Hey, Emma, don't you think we should move to a house with a pool?

Then, in the interest of really dreaming big, I decided maybe we should move to London instead.

Yesterday all through lunch I talked about London. I told the kids they could go to school in London and I'd buy them school uniforms at Mark's and Spencer. They asked why they wouldn't be homeschooled in London. I said, "Because I'm taking a break!!!!" Braeden said we could go to the British Museum everyday. I said certainly.

Emma said she just wanted to live somewhere in London with an Executive Lounge. (Her favorite part of London was the Executive Lounge at the Marriott.)

Later, I was (still) talking about moving and Adam said, "I don't think I want to move."

Really? Why?

He said, "Everywhere I look in this house, I'm reminded of you. In every corner I see what you've done to make our house beautiful, to make it ours. I don't want to leave it."

I think that is probably either the sweetest thing my charming husband has ever said to me or he is extremely cunning at steering me from a topic that has become tiresome.

You think what you want and I'll think what I want.

4 comments:

lifeatthewhitehouse said...

I think that is probably the sweetest thing I have heard! You have a dear husband who has a wonderful knack of both saying what you need to hear and being completely and most sweetly sincere!

Deseret said...

I liked the house with the pool best but I think you should not move to london. You should move to Starr Vally!!! TODALY that would be so fun!!!

Janet said...

I think you have a very wise and sweet husband. I also think I would miss you if you were to move.

Anonymous said...

This comment isn't about this blog although I really liked it. It is about your friend that you won the shoes from. I like you you can see all the comments at the end of her blogs without having to click anywhere and click back and all that jazz and I think you should try it. This is from someone who isn't smart enough to not make comments with my own name and definitely not with a picture. Love, Marianne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails