Pages

Friday, October 16, 2009

Out Standing In the Field

Today we had a field trip scheduled. We were planning to go to a field trip to The Farm's corn maze.

But it looked like this out my window.


And this.


I asked Braeden if we should still go.

He said, "Why not?"

I said, "Well, you know, the rain?"

He didn't get it. He looked at me like I was considering canceling a beach party because of too much sunshine or a sledding party because of the snow.

He said, "What does rain have to do with it?"

Then I said, "Never mind," and found my boots and umbrella.

It's what happens when your children have webfeet. You try to keep up.

On the wagon (covered wagon) before getting too wet:


Then he got a little wet.


Or a lot wet.


Emma theatrically lamented water spots on her glasses.



Braeden navigated us through the corn maze shaped like the state of Washington.


I stayed dry-ish.


We watched Emma and Braeden re-enact a ship wreck (very dramatic and thrilling).



It was a good time.



And when a field trip starts like this:



You know it better end like this:


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails