Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

The First Outing


I decided to take my Traveling Shoes on some travels to some of my favorite places.

This morning I started school early, skedaddled through educating the children (I had to insist to Mark that the 5 he had erased and written three times to try to get it perfect was good enough--how did I get children with perfectionist tendencies?), left my kids with lists of work to do and hit the road.

My destination was over the river and through the woods to Snohomish. It was not sandal wearing weather by any stretch of the imagination but I bravely wore them.

It was rainy.



One thing I've learned from living around here though is that you can't wait until it stops raining before you do what you want to do.

You'd never do anything.

There are two things I love in Snohomish, the antiques and Joy Works.

Joy Works is a delightful confection of a store that I wander through with a smile on my face. I love everything inside that store.

While I was there I found some art by a Seattle artist that I fell in love with. I bought myself this necklace that reminds me of my sisters. I'll wear it when I miss them. (everyday)


After Joy Works, I rambled through some antiques. I really like old stuff. Some of it is beautiful, some of it is hideous and some of it is just quirky. I get in sort of a trance as I poke through piles of old books and old dishes and old linens and old toys. It makes me happy.

There was one alarming thing along the way:



These are exactly like the lunchbox and thermos I took to Mrs. Jund's first grade classroom every day.

And they're antique?

Notice the price tags--$49.95 for the lunchbox, $9.95 for the thermos.

I wonder how much my mom paid for them back when dinosaurs were roaming the earth and I was a first grader?


Stay tuned for another adventure with the shoes...they're hitting the town tonight!

3 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

I miss you everyday too. I wonder what happened to my old lunchbox and thermos? We should have saved them. Who knew they'd be worth a pretty penny someday?

Christie said...

I am so glad the pink pretties are hitting the town...too cute to be locked in a closet.

Anonymous said...

Seeing that lunch box made my heart stop for a second. I remember I got a Holly Hobbie one at the same time. Why did you get Lassie anyway? Did we even get that channel?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails