Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2009

I'd Like To Thank The Academy

You know how people say, "I never win anything!" in an excited manner when they win something? Finally?

Well that's me.

I never win anything (unless you count the prize I got in third grade for the St. Jude's Math-A-Thon...I won a St. Jude's Math-A-Thon t-shirt. I don't think I'll count it. I've also won on ebay. I don't think I'll count it either.).

Until now!

So I'd like to thank the Academy and my friend Mindy. Because without her I wouldn't know Christie. (And I don't know her, I just blog know her) And I need to thank Christie.

And I probably need to explain what I'm talking about. I read here on Christie's blog which I enjoy that she was starting a Sisterhood of the Traveling Shoes. I left a comment that I wanted to win...that I promised to show the shoes a good time.

And guess what?

This morning I read this blog post!

And guess what else?

It's October. In Seattle. And rainy. And cold. The only time I'd possibly be warm in sandals is at the indoor pool where my children swim. It is surely steamy and sultry there.

Something tells me that isn't good enough though.

Something tells me that we need to do something worthy of being the first winner of the traveling shoes...which are really cute shoes!

I'll let you know what I come up with.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see the fun and very creative month you have with your shoes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails