Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Guarantee

There are no guarantees.

Except there are some.

I know my boys will turn on every single light downstairs when they wake up in the morning, even if sun is streaming brightly through the windows (they secretly receive kickbacks from the utility company).

Also, every day I will receive more emails from businesses than people (which is sad).

There are some things that aren't guarantees, but I really hope they're true.

Like I hoped that on Saturday the 5 dozen eggs that were balanced on six gallons of milk in my Costco cart wouldn't topple onto the American-Flag-Congratulations-Jason-Eagle-Court-Of-Honor cake that I was picking up.

There was a lot of hope going on there.

I also hope I get comments on my blog (there's a very thinly veiled hint).  I may, or I may not.

But I hope.

Then there are things I can guarantee will not happen.

I know I won't win $10,000 if I participate in the survey on my Jack in the Box receipt so I never try.

I know there are no guarantees about the weather.  I always take a jacket.

Jennifer, years ago, gave me a recipe for some pumpkin/spice/chocolate chip cookies.

She told me that the person who gave her the recipe told her that they're a Weight Watcher recipe.

Can she guarantee it?

Is that something I can absolutely trust?  Hope for?  Absolutely shouldn't rely on?

I'm counting on you, Jennifer.

Because to me "Weight Watcher recipe" is code for "Eat all you want, Thelma."

Last night, after the cookies came out of the oven, I was obliged to eat them, one after another.  Because they're so wonderful hot from the oven, warm and soft and oozing with melted chocolate.

Then this morning I had several more for breakfast because they're so wonderful after they've cooled.  Still soft.  The chocolate is firm again.  And who doesn't like biting into a previously melted but then cooled chocolate chip?  Completely different than a regular chocolate chip.

And I would know.

So here's the recipe.  In addition to good, they're amazingly easy to prepare.

And here's hoping they're actually good for you.  Health food.  Sort of like celery (with no peanut butter or dip).


The Recipe:

spice cake mix
15 oz can of pumpkin
1 c chocolate chips

Mix and drop onto greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes.

Seriously that's all.

You're welcome.

3 comments:

Whitney Shane said...

They sound low fat to me.... Eat away!

Jennifer said...

Oh dear. We must have mixed something up. I did give you that recipe, but it's not a recipe from Weight Watchers. It came from my visiting teachers - probably WHILE I was doing Weight Watchers and I probably conveniently ignored all points associated with the cookies...

I'm sorry for letting you down. But, they are amazing and fairly healthy, right? So, let's just make it our very own special weight loss cookie recipe, GUARANTEED to make your family happy. Have a delightful day and enjoy every bite of them.

Olivia Cobian said...

Keep hope alive.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails