Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What Can I Say...We're Foodies



Instead of going to dinner like Adam and I often do on Valentine's Day, we treated our children to a fancy dinner at home.  It was a seven course meal.  There is no end of wonder at a seven course meal if you are a kid...this we learned. 

Adam was the genius (and cook) behind the magic.  For your viewing pleasure (and so I can have a record to show our children:  see we did do nice things for you that one time), our meal:

The Appetizer:

bruschetta and crostini

The Soup:

coconut chicken curry soup (purchased soup...he's only one man)

The Salad:

caprese salad (one of my contributions)

The Sorbet:

lemon sorbet:  "to cleanse the palette"  
we weren't messing around

The entree:

thyme steak, shrimp, sauteed mushrooms and asparagus, baby potatoes, spreadable pesto cheese...it was all so amazing...

the servings were small, they had to be, it was so much food

Dessert:

 raspberry mousse from L'Artisan, the local French bakery
Janet introduced us to these marvels of culinary enchantment.

We may never be the same.

The Cheese Course:

 we sampled double gloucester, havarti dill, and cheddar with smoked salmon
ahhhhhh

Our children and I decided I should hang up my apron and let Adam do the cooking from now on.

He said, "I couldn't do this every night."

I told him he could start with every other night and work up from there.  We're patient like that.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow. I'm so impressed. And so wishing I lived next door!

Whitney Shane said...

Wow!! It all lools so good.. Maybe Adam should become a chef.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails