Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

The Miis or My Kids are Strange or Why I Can't Be Too Judgmental

Three alternative titles for the same blog post.  I didn't get enough sleep last night to narrow it down beyond that.



First, for my dad, I have to explain what a mii is.  A mii is a little cartoon-y person you make for playing on the Wii.

Also, it should be noted that you can create new miis without your mom entering the PIN for you on the Wii.

My children have made A LOT of miis.  They've of course made family members, they've made Harry Potter characters, they've made their friends, Star Wars characters (Darth Vader with and without the helmet), they've made Barack Obama, Michael Jackson, and their made up "Larry and Andy" characters:  Larry, Andy, Lil' Spicy, Little Bro, Lil' Sis, Yin, Philly, Lennia, Larrya...

(I can't be judgmental though...Olivia and I had similar characters we invented at the same age:  Royal and Petunia.  It was mostly Olivia.)

Yesterday I walked downstairs and heard all three kids giggling.  They were creating a Barney mii.  My children despise Barney.

(Poor Barney.  I don't think anyone has ever been adored and detested by the same people in such a short span of time...when I taught third grade, my students insulted each other by saying, "Oh yeah?  Well you like Barney."  Poor Barney.)

They were having a great time selecting just the perfect smile and eyes for their Barney and were delighted by their collective wit.

I considered that perhaps my children may not have enough to do.  Too much time on their hands for useless pursuits.

(I can't be judgmental though...I just blogged about it.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it embarrasing to admit that I just spent several minutes scanning the picture of Miis to try to find the Harry Potter characters? And the thought of a bowling Darth Vader has me in stiches!
I don't have a Wii...but my parents do, believe it or not. Now I'm inspired to play around with it sometime to surprise them with a few unexpected Miis!

Jen said...

Stop! Your children are being creative. This cracks me up. I have actually tried to make my Mii more attractive as if it is a real reflection of who I am. Oh no, I need help. I love that your kids have fun with the Mii's. It's like paper dolls for this generation. Just go with it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails