Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Valen-Tiny

Besides wishing for a cat (and that's never going to happen), Emma asks for very little. 

It makes her hard to resist when she does want something.

And she wanted a Valen-tiny party.  As a devotee of American Girl Magazine, Emma saw the idea in its pages and reeled me in.

We sent tiny boxes of chocolates (chocolate chips in jewelry boxes) with the invitations and Emma invited three of her friends over on Saturday.

 First I served the tiny treats (all of these ideas were not my own...thank you, American Girl).

tiny Strawberry Ice Cream Cones:



tiny Candy Kebobs:



tiny Shirley Temples:

 

tiny Chocolate cake: 


really tiny:



To keep me from feeling too guilty about all the sugar, we also had tiny sandwiches:


I didn't get a picture but we also had powdered donuts (Cheerios dusted in powdered sugar).

It was delightful to the girls that they had each eaten five donuts and three ice cream cones and an entire chocolate cake.

They couldn't wait to tell their mothers.

Mark and his friend Holden ventured through the party of giggling girls to get to his room and legos which are much less dangerous.  Tween girls may intimidate seven year old boys, but I love them.

How could I not love my daughter's sweet friends?

Friendship isn't a big thing-- it's a million little things.
-unknown

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

How fun! I want to know how you made the sandwiches. They look really good and I'm trying to get Luke interested in sandwiches.

Emma is beautiful. I miss her. And her mom!

Janet said...

What fun! I love all the tiny snack ideas. Tiny party--big time creative. Thanks for inviting Freja she had a wonderful time.

Alena Jo said...

I LOVE this idea! I am absolutely doing this sometime with my daughters! I noticed your heart-shaped ice, too. What a great little party!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails