Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pride Before the Fall

Last week I talked to Olivia.  She sounded like she had bronchitis and was going to the doctor.  (BTW Olivia, are you still with us or have you succumbed?  Call me.)

I bragged to her that ever since I started taking my fruit and veggie supplements as recommended by my cousin Margaret last summer, I have been the picture of health.

"I never get sick," I said in my braggiest tone.

That night I reiterated the conversation to Adam.  I told him how healthy I was.  I reminded him that when our children all had colds last month, I did not get one.  (He didn't get sick either and he's not taking the supplements but he kindly kept both of those facts to himself.)

The next day, the NEXT DAY, I didn't feel so great.  I had a stuffy nose, sneezing and sinus pressure.

The day after that everything was back to normal except the sinus pain.  I'm not exactly sick but I am exactly miserable.  Sinus pain trying it's best to knock me flat.

What gives?

Remember the fruit and veggie supplements?  Aren't I supposed to be the picture of health?

Since I can no longer brag, I've resorted to whining.  I've whined to my children, I've whined to Adam, I've whined to my mom on the phone, I've whined to Stephanie when we take our daily walks.

And all the whining isn't helping.

Bragging turned out to be a bad thing.  Whining doesn't help. 

What am I left with?


Suffer in silence?  Totally out of the question.

2 comments:

Deseret said...

I'm sorry! I hope you gett fellin better! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog! And yes it would be Ok to poot me on your blog list! I miss you and can't what to see you this summer!

Desi

Olivia Cobian said...

My health is much improved. My only complaint this morning (3 am) is insomnia.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails