Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Why I Love It: Forays to the City

Via Tribunali:  photo from their website

Dressing up (well as dressed up as I get...I always wear jeans) and going into Seattle with Adam for the evening is kind of like playing pretend.  I pretend I'm a little more sophisticated and urban than a girl who grew up in the sagebrush.  I feel confident on Adam's arm navigating through city crowds and across busy streets (would you hit Adam as a pedestrian?  if you could help it?).

Everyone seems to wear black and there is always a swarm of people on the sidewalk...foolhardy souls that take the surgeon general's warning lightly.

(Seriously, people still smoke?!?)


It all feels so far away from the pastoral suburbs where SUVs and minivans reign supreme and people rarely walk unless they have a dog on a leash.

Last weekend we met Adam's siblings and his cousin, her husband and some of their friends at Via Tribunali in Seattle.  (When Jamie was introducing us to a friend, he said, "This feels like The Godfather, all these cousins.  All this family."  Jamie paused and impressively added, "And they're all siblings.")

We had a good time at Via Tribunali.  Ever since Adam whisked me off to Connecticut, I've been in love with thin crust, Neapolitan pizza.  This margherita pizza did not disappoint.  I folded over the crust and may have swooned once or twice.


 
Adam's calzone...really, Via Tribunali...you should go


Here we are with Adam's cute cousin Jamie...love her...love Seattle...love Adam*!


* how can you not adore someone who rhapsodizes about grass?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture of you! You are so darn photogenic!

Whitney Shane said...

I am obligated by the NYC native in my house to correct you. **sigh** It is called Napoletana crust,(pronounced nop-o-la-tana)... (not that it really matters unless you are a pizza snob like my husband). He corrected Megan for the exact thing last week :)

Adam said...

I'm obligated by my international relations degree and the need to defend my wife's honor to say that "Neapolitan pizza" is the proper term when you are speaking English. "Pizza napoletana" is the proper term when you are speaking Italian. At least that is what I gather from the Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana and the Via Tribunali sites. When you're speaking New York? Forget about it! You can say what you want.

Whitney Shane said...

Adam, I say we go to Brooklyn Brothers and fight it out. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails