Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Little Jedi Kissing His Mom

Last night Emma went to a play with her grandma (as part of her birthday present).  Adam and Braeden were camping in the mountains (in the snow).

Nothing makes me happy to be a girl like not camping in the snow.  With 12 and 13 year old boys.

So Mark and I were the only ones home and I asked him out on a date.

Before the date I was browsing online for a purse.  Which is another matter entirely.  I like purses I see on people and I hate purses I see in stores.  And the lining is ripping out of my trusty backpack/purse and I'm rethinking the whole backpack/purse thing anyway.  Any ideas?

Anyway, Mark snapped a picture of me:

 

Then another:


When he saw the second picture, he said, "How cute.  A little Jedi kissing his mom."

Then I decided to take the camera on the date.

Because cameras are entertaining.


We ate at The Blazing Onion which I adore for the sweet potato fries. 

Sweet potato fries make my short list of best food in the world.

At places like The Blazing Onion, I try to sit myself so I'm facing the TV screens showing sporting events because Adam finds it hard to resist the siren song of sports on TV and I want him looking at ME instead of the TV screen when I'm telling him all of the important things stored in my brain.

Mark maneuvered around me and sat himself in the spot facing the TV (he's quick, that one).  He had a hard time keeping his eyes off the hockey game.


He even explained the finer points of hockey to me:  every player has a puck and they hit this thing with sticks and they're all skiing...or skating, I guess.

Our next stop was an elementary school to watch Mark's best buddy, Gavin, play in a basketball game.

 

Since Mark's inconsiderate mother wouldn't let him sit by Gavin during the game, she gave him the camera to keep him occupied.
He took about 40 pictures and most of them look like this:



When we got home, Mark and I climbed under the covers and I read to him from a book about Greek mythology because you can hardly be Braeden and Emma's little brother and not be interested in Greek mythology.

I kissed my little Jedi and said goodnight.

He said, "Are you going to bed too?"

I told him no because I was going to iron shirts.

It can't always be glamorous third grade basketball games when you're the mom.

3 comments:

Liberty Johnson said...

This is Marianne. I also fanangle (is that how that's spelled?) a seat facing the TV with my beloved. Why do they put TV's in restaurants anyway? If you want to watch TV, stay home!

Melanee said...

Unless you don't have TV and are hoping to watch the BYU football game. But other than that, I agree. I hate the TV's in the restaurant. It's hardly fun to be out on a date with someone who won't look at you. Anyway, Mark is a very cute Jedi. How fun.

Olivia Cobian said...

I'm just impressed you're ironing shirts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails