Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Our Saturday

1- We went to 1 1/2 basketball games.  (We left at halftime of our nephew Jackson's game because our yard work was weighing heavily on our souls.)



Braeden had passed the ball to his cousin Kain and Kain had made the shot... but they still lost.  By a lot.  (I stole this picture from my SIL Whitney's blog.)

2- Adam and I took Braeden to lunch.  He said, "This is the first time since I was TWO that it's just been me with the two of you." Not the case but it was nice.

3- We visited the cemetery where Grandpa Linn is buried.  Braeden and Emma simultaneously and without prompting sunk to their knees and started brushing stray bits of grass off the headstone.

We felt sad.

4- Adam mowed the lawn and dug out blackberry bushes.  The rest of us pulled weeds.   In early February.   Love mild weather.

5- THIS happened.


And it wasn't Mark's fault for once.  (We have a 13 year old in residence whose heel is the exact shape and size of that hole in the wall.)

I grew up in a log house.

When someone hit the wall, THEY got hurt rather than the house.

I think that was a good system.

6-  I told Braeden I'm putting it on his tab.  There will be a day when I hand my children a bill for all of the damage they've caused our belongings.

7- We read dramatic poetry aloud after dinner:  O Captain, My Captain, Hamlet's soliloquy, The HighwaymanThe Raven (Emma's been adding, "Quoth the raven, 'Nevermore,'" to everything she says).  It was entertaining.

Unless you ask Mark.






4 comments:

Emma said...

I like this post! Write more! Quoth the Emma "Evermore"

Janet said...

Oh Emma, you are a clever, clever girl.

Anonymous said...

Yard work?!? February!! Early February!

Whitney Shane said...

So how exactly did Braeden's heel put a hole in the wall? Accident??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails