Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Next Time

There's a reason this isn't one of those blogs about wonderful crafts I've created.

Braeden wanted to make a fleece blanket--the kind you tie on the edges.  I decided to make Mark one too.  (He picked the garish fabric.)



 this is Braeden's sleeve and representative of every surface in our downstairs

Next time I'll listen to the woman at the cutting counter who told me the fuzzy strings would go everywhere.  (I believed her but Mark was crooning over the soft garish fabric in an irresistible manner.)


***********

Braeden talked to his cousin Clarissa on her birthday.

As soon as he got off the phone, he wanted a cell phone too.

Next time I'll try to limit Braeden's exposure to cousins that are more fortunate than he is.

***********

Saturday night I had a date with Mark.  On a scale of how-I-normally-am to me-as-my-best-and-entertaining-mother-self, I did pretty well.  We went to a movie, then to Chipotle for dinner, then to Kohl's to buy Mark a Mariner's t-shirt for the impending baseball season.  (I know, he never had it so good.)

Mark said, "How about you buy me a Webkins to thank me for being your hot date?

Next time I'll choose more carefully who I ask out on dates.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yikes about the string!

Kudos to your kids for being so smart & witty.

I'm glad you're not a boring craft blog - I enjoy your real life adventures and great writing much more than I would reading about perfect crafts.

Love you!

Deseret said...

You may be jealous of me, but I'm jealous of you too. I've seen the pictures of green lawns and tulips at your house. My yard is half full of freezing snow. Oh well. April "snow" showers bring May flowers.

p.s. this is Clarissa

Emma said...

Yes! Score! No things saying how I did some thing wrong, and next time you won't let me go on a trip to Oregon! I am awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails