Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

You Should Go


If you're anywhere within 100 miles of Glacier Peak High School you should go.



I love Janet like a sister so I think of her children as my nieces and nephews. 

And I'm a very proud pretend aunt.

Last night we went to The Music Man at Glacier Peak.  I LOVED it.

(Janet you don't mind that I stole pictures from your blog, do you????)

David was Professor Harold Hill.


He was magnificent!  I've always known how talented this boy is but I saw a whole new side of him and was amazed.  (He's quite the wooer of maiden librarians.)

Hans was in the quartet, one of the members of the schoolboard.


Hans has an unmatched charisma and a great singing talent.  He was fun to watch.  My kids were distracted by his mustache.  They kept telling me on the way home.  It looked so real.

Freja, Emma's soul sister, was Amaryllis.


I heard the teenagers behind me, when Freja was singing, say over and over, "She's so cute."  I wanted to tell them that she was my pretend niece but I didn't want to interrupt the show.  Emma replayed all the highlights of Freja's part on the way home and she wouldn't leave the school until she'd been able to hug and congratulate her talented friend.

I was also very proud of my "nephew" Leif.

 pictured here with his comic dad

Leif was both too young and too old to be in the play--though he's plenty talented.   During the intermission, I found him and Braeden munching Starburst (ew...and besides you boys have braces and shouldn't be doing that).  Leif was the unsung hero who clocked hours watching his little sister Britta while his mom drove the play practice taxi.

I love the Jorgensen family (in case you couldn't tell).

The play is again tonight and then next Friday and Saturday night.  

Adam and I might go again next weekend.  I might wear a sign:  "I've given those Jorgensen kids a lot of cake.  I think I deserve some credit for their fabulousness."

Is fabulousness a word?


5 comments:

Janet said...

OK--you made me cry AND laugh. You're so good at that!!! Thanks for your support and love . . . and since I'm busy and tired and getting ready to have a baby any day I hope that you won't mind me linking to your excellent review--writing my own would take hours. :)Besides, such wonderful compliments for our kids are more credible coming from their pretend aunt . . . as opposed to their gushing mother.:)

Marianne said...

Oh, how I wish I lived within 100 miles and could go!

Anonymous said...

Thelma, I know the whole Jorgensen family feels the same about you & your family! What a blessing to have such a great friend as you are. Thank you for sharing. I too wish I lived close enough to see the play and my talented grandchildren. So very proud to be....Janet's mom, Connie

Clarissa Johnson said...

That sounds like so much fun. I'm jealous.

Susie said...

Your a great friend to have for anyone. Janet is very lucy to have you. There family is simply amazing, so glad your there pretend auntie!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails