Pages

Friday, November 7, 2014

Takes one to know one

The previous owners of our home purchased holiday lights for the house through a Christmas light company.  (Is that a thing?  Yes, apparently.)  Since they were already purchased and being stored by the company, all we had to do was pay for them to hang them on the house.  The service also includes them taking the lights down again after Christmas and stowing them for next year.  Adam and I decided this was a good bargain.  Especially considering the possibility of ice and snow afoot.

What we didn't know is that they would come on November 6 to install the lights.  Yep, yesterday.  It was sunny and cool.  Perfect fall day.  Hanging Christmas lights felt a little bizarre.

Mark and I were in the school room and I was reading to him, trying to ignore the unsettling sounds of men walking on the roof above us.

Hanging Christmas lights already?  It seemed so early!  Then I looked across the schoolroom under my desk at this pile of Christmas presents I have wrapped.

still need to tie ribbons...

Ahem.

Carry on Christmas light hangers.  No time like the present.

The early bird gets the worm.

2 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

Nice. Do I need to be worried? I'm still recovering from Halloween!

Geri said...

I went to a Christmas bazar at the big house on Meadow Road today, which was beautiful, and it seemed unreal to be looking at Christmas because Thanksgiving is still undecided. When I came home I looked at the box marked "Utah" and thought maybe I need to get busy. In four weeks Mark will be twelve, I'll be in Utah and I'll get some big hugs. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails