Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Driving my children

When I drive with Braeden he invariably talks about current events and politics or history.  They are all interconnected for him and he likes to make and point out the connections.

Driving with Emma, the conversation is equal parts what she's reading and what she's writing.  She also occasionally throws in a little information about school.

Mark likes to talk--at length--about video games that I know nothing about.  Also though, the child likes money.  He likes to talk about the economy, economics in general, or his own entrepreneurial ideas.

The other night he started telling me what was wrong with Reaganomics.  (Does every eleven year old have an opinion on Reaganomics?  If they are Braeden's brother they do.)

He said that he thought people were more likely to save their money than spend it so it wouldn't help the economy.  I countered that I thought people liked to spend their money.

He said, "Not the smart ones."

We rode along in silence for awhile and Mark said, "Actually, Reaganomics would have worked for me."

I agreed.  Mark and his money are soon separated.

Mark said, "Maybe Ronald Reagan looked in the future and saw me and said, 'Guys.  I have an idea.'"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails