Pages

Monday, November 17, 2014

It is cold

If I weren't so cold, I could come up with a more pithy title.

But I'm cold.

Our furnace, the one that has been plaguing us--and by extension Ammon--for awhile now, probably needs to be replaced.  And that's the best case scenario.  It's a long story, and not a very good one so I'll spare you.

So, it's cold in our house.  Our upstairs heat works and we have a gas fireplace so I know we're not going to suffer too much.

But still.

Braeden had to put wool socks on.  He wonders what the world is coming to.

The Great Furnace Saga of 2014 did provide some interesting juxtaposition for the men in my life.

1) Adam was out of town when It happened but when I relayed the tale he was characteristically calm and sure it would all work out eventually. (Also Sunday morning he came downstairs and it was 62 degrees.  He said he thought it felt fine, comfortable even.  Sometimes that man is straight up crazy.)

2)When I talked to my dad, he started immediately problem solving.  He came up with a few ideas including but not limited to having Ammon cut holes in duct work.  He kept saying, "I just wish I lived closer."  He's a fixer.

3) I talked to Enoch because he knows about Stuff and I wanted to find out the best course we should pursue now that we've purchased a house with a faulty furnace.  He outlined a plan complete with the worst outcome being needing a lawyer.  I said, "Do you know any good lawyers?"

He said, "I know several." (With Enoch, you never need to know anybody.  He always knows a guy.)

4) I thanked Enoch for his help and told him that I'd called him because I usually call Ammon and I wanted to share the love.  I said, "If things get really bad, I'll call Tabor."

Enoch laughed and said, "Yeah, he'd bring a shotgun and a shovel."

Because I have a brother for everything.

(Enoch was joking, but it makes the point.  Tabor is who you don't want mad at you.)

5) As for Ammon, he brought over space heaters.  Three of them and I'm sitting near one right now.

6) A few mornings ago, Braeden came waltzing into the kitchen, more cheerful than anyone has a right to be first thing in the morning.  I grumbled something about our furnace and he started singing in his best Bob Marley voice, "Every little thing gonna be alright..."

I guess all of this is to say, I'm cold.  But I love all these guys.  I consider myself very blessed because I have each of them.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails