Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Books I read in October 2014



Always a Baker, Never a Bride by Sandra D. Bricker **

This book was OK.  It was about a woman who was a baker.  She started working at a fancy hotel and fell in love blah blah blah.  The characters weren't that interesting or believable but I did finish reading it.  So there's that.



The Nesting Place by Myquillyn Smith ****

I loved this book!  I also love her blog.  She writes about creating a home and her mantra is that it doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful.  She inspires me to create something lovely out of what I have and I love that.


One True Thing by Anna Quindlen ***

I really like Anna Quindlen's books in general.  This is a book about a young woman who is a career woman in NYC who goes home to take care of her mother who is dying of cancer.  I loved the way she was able to connect with and learn more about her mother.



Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake by Anna Quindlen **

Another Anna Quindlen book, this one was non fiction and mostly about growing older.  It was interesting for awhile but I couldn't relate completely--maybe I'm not old enough yet--and I lost interest before it ended.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails