Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Big day

Sunday was a big day around here.  What kind of blogger am I?  I only took one picture and it was of the ugliest birthday cake in the world to text to Luke. (Everyone needs a nephew to text pictures of ugly cakes to.  Too late, I realized I texted him during his church time.  Oops.  Now I'm that aunt.)

Sometimes I get too busy living to document it but I guess that's OK.   I'll tell myself that's OK...and I'll try to get a picture or two from my parents.

Mark was ordained a deacon on Sunday.  I am proud of that kid and glad he's mine.  We were thrilled to have Geri, my parents, my grandma, and Ammon and Melanee and family all there for the occasion. 

After, Braeden drove to BYU to get Clarissa and we all had dinner at our house.  It was wonderful.  We set up a long table and it was elbow to elbow, people I love.  We introduced Cormac and Azure to our new Christmas bear.  Happily, Mark took a picture of Azure with Zephyr.  Because I didn't even think about a camera.


I think they like each other.

Cormac and Azure inspected our trees.

I was showing Cormac our straw goats, which in Finland are called pukkis.  "What are they called?" he asked.

"Pukki. Poo-key."

"Aunt Thelma?  Poo is not a nice word."

Ammon said, "Hey, try not to be a bad influence on my son."

Besides that, I think there were a lot of good influences happening.  Mark was surrounded by grandparents that love him and has a lot of good men to look up to (literally and figuratively).  

I love the good and righteous man I'm married to.  I love the brother Mark has to follow.  He's pretty worthy of emulation.  I love the grandfathers Mark is so much like--whether they're on earth or in heaven.  I love the uncles Mark has.  They are examples of goodness.

Families are pretty great.

This cake is not.

It's a Minecraft cake, the idea was conceived by Mark and executed by us both.  I did the baking.  It would qualify for one of those Pinterest "Nailed It" pictures.


  For the record, Luke thought it looked good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails