Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The rest of our Thanksgiving weekend

We drove home Friday and I still can't get over how short that drive is.  I love it!  We started getting festive and it always starts with the Christmas bears:


If that kid tells me one more time that this is his last Christmas here, I will not be held responsible for what happens.  I said, "You are never going to be here for Christmas again?!?"

He said, "Not when I live here.  I'll only be here to visit."

Then I told him to stop talking.  Immediately.

Saturday, we went to Salt Lake City and helped my grandma decorate.  My mom and grandma both warned me that there were a lot of decorations and there were, but lots of Christmas decorations is a relative term.  I felt right at home.

I loved hearing my grandma tell me the story behind some of the things she decorates with.  I tried to convince her to find a place for the slightly mangy mouse decoration that I remembered from my childhood but she said she didn't think so.  At least she didn't throw it away.

I had my brute squad there to carry boxes up and down the stairs.  Mark was carrying a box and he said, "Mom, this says Thelma on it."

I said, "Yeah, that's Grandma's name."

He said, "It is?"

Sheesh. So you never know what your kids don't know...Like who you are named after, for example.

After carrying boxes, Adam and the boys left us to contemplate contents and they went and bought a car!

Three cheers for having a teenager with wheels again!

When we got home, Adam texted a picture of his new car to his mom and brothers:


That's our driveway.  I never get tired of that beautiful next door neighbor, the sagebrush.

Scott "inherited" Adam's Saturn when we left Washington.  Scott texted back this picture:


He wrote:  Does this mean you're not coming back for me?

Adam texted back:  It's not you, it's me.

Good little Saturn. 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails