Pages

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Twelve

My baby.

This one:


Is twelve today.

Twelve.


Have you ever been looking through old pictures and not been able to stop yourself?


Because that's kind of where I am today.


Mark is sweet.


And funny.


And contemplative.


He likes a good adventure (and water).


He really likes water.


His brown eyes slay me.


And he makes me laugh every single day.


He's a jumper.


Seriously.


We share a piece of this cake every time we go to IKEA.  I like a boy who appreciates chocolate.

Happily, I get to spend my days with Mark.  The other morning for school, (science specifically, which means Legos which means it is Mark's domain and not mine) Mark built a cart and was experimenting with different sized wheels and loads.

He said, "I think I know of a way to modify it.  I'll disable the pulley and..."

Then it started sounding like the adults in Charlie Brown cartoons.  I had no idea what he was talking about.  He did something to his cart and it went twice as far.

Then he did something else, all the while giving me a commentary about it that I didn't understand.

And all the while dressing in his jumble of patterns.  (Pajamas and bedhead for school.  Don't be a hater.)




I love this kid.

Happy Birthday to my favorite ginger.


1 comment:

Marianne said...

Happy, happy birthday Mark dear!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails