Pages

Friday, December 19, 2014

My little guests

Tabor and Katie came for Emma's choir concert which was noble and generous of them.  Tabor and I nearly had a war over who would buy dinner but we reached a tentative peace.  He handed Adam a $100 bill and I handed Katie a stack of small bills.  (Nothing like getting unsuspecting spouses involved.)  Tabor finally said, "We'll say no more about this."

And we didn't.  Which is good because it turns out he was packing heat.  Right before I went to bed, Tabor showed me the handgun he had casually left in his coat pocket that was draped on a chair in my strictly peaceable living room.  He slid the cartridge out of it (it had not only been sitting there in my living room, it had been loaded) and handed it to me to admire.  "You brought this in my house?!?" I gasped.  Guns and me.  We are not on friendly terms and I don't like them.

He was as surprised as I was, except he was surprised that I wasn't excited about his new gun.

"Don't shoot your eye out." I told him, handing it back to him.

And we said no more about it.

The next morning, they went to the temple and Mark and I got to host the girls.

Charlotte showed Zephyr who was boss.


Mark showed the girls the wonder of his latest science/Lego creation.  (Pardon the school room/Christmas wrapping station clutter...)


They built a fort:


And let me take a peek:


Any time we have charming little guests in our house it is a good day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails