Pages

Monday, December 1, 2014

All kinds of wonderful

The food.

I'd never been there to witness Jennifer's chocolate pie.  I had heard all about it.  I was sure her pie was good, but I. Had. No. Idea.

It changed my life.

I'm going to follow Jennifer around for the rest of my days, hoping she'll make another pie...or six.  (And yes, Enoch, you did a good job stirring it for a little while.  I'm sure she couldn't have done it without you...)

My mom tried a new turkey method which seems really adventurous on Thanksgiving especially when you consider how sentimental some of us are.  (Yes, I'm looking at you, Olivia.)  The turkey was fabulous.  Keep on brining, I say.

Speaking of my mom and her moxie, she never ceases to amaze me.  She pulls off these enormous meals (there were 27 of us) with panache and poise.  She doesn't let anything get in her way.  The woman is unflappable.  One of the refrigerators failed.  My mom didn't.

My dad didn't have his best Thanksgiving ever--although I was there so maybe he did.  He gets these terrible shots in his eyes periodically and sometimes they don't go well and this was one of those times.  To my dad's credit, he was pleasant despite his pain and even though he couldn't see, he talked Enoch through carving the turkey.

The grandchildren all participated in a talent show. I took a lot of low light grainy pictures like this one.  I love every one of these talented kids.  This happens to be Hyrum and Desi.


Here's my favorite poor quality photo though.  Enoch's kids convinced him to sing with them, something my sisters and I have struggled to do all of our lives (and Enoch's a really good singer).  It's the kind of situation where my giant of a brother would do anything for his little adorable daughter.  I mean, wouldn't you?


After the talent show, we flexed our jewelry making muscles:



Then we took a few blurry sister selfies:


Where was Olivia during SST (Sister Selfie Time)?

It's possible I'm related to the best girls in the world.

Here are some shots of the family solidarity bracelets:


Poor Desi took one for the team helping get food ready and ended up with a scratch on her forehead.  She's still awfully cute.

Carolina and Lili made bracelets too but they weren't there to document the solidarity.
The bracelets were made out of a ridiculous amount of safety pins.  I loved sitting around the table together, teasing each other and helping each other and working together.

Whether it's putting on a Thanksgiving feast or making a bunch of bracelets, put a group of women on the job and it gets done.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Thanks for making all that sister solidarity possible. We got compliments on our bling-y bracelets on Black Friday.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails