Pages

Monday, December 29, 2014

Why you should be impressed

Here's the table, set for Christmas Eve:


That's not the impressive part though.

Look at this close up:


On every plate I placed one of the chocolate covered cherries Janet sent us.  This shows real personal growth, people.  There have been years when I hid the cherries and didn't share them with my family (even though they are intended for all of us).

When our kids came to the table, their faces were my reward for my great sacrifice sharing the cherries.  "Are these from Janet?" they asked, with their eyes full of wonder.  "She sent us chocolate covered cherries?"

What they were really recognizing is that Janet loves us.

And that's worth sharing.

(Although I still sort of wish I'd kept the cherries to myself.  They're that good.)

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

You set a lovely table. And good job sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails