Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Winter wonderland

When it snowed on Christmas, it was sort of exciting.  White Christmas!  Perfect!

Then yesterday, the same day as Braeden's Eagle Scout Project (which has been a huge pain and I haven't even been involved or very helpful so imagine how much of a pain it would be if I had been involved and helpful!  I shudder to think!), it snowed.

A lot.

I made my boys shovel the driveway and it turns out they aren't very good at shoveling the driveway.  They argued that they have never lived anywhere where it snowed much. 

I argued they are reasonably intelligent and don't need to have lived somewhere where it snows to recognize that they should start close to the house and move snow away from it instead of the other way around.

Anyway.

I drove Emma to a planning breakfast for her church Young Women group and nearly got stuck and nearly didn't make it up the hill.

And Braeden, who knows nothing about driving in snow (or shoveling it) was going to have to drive around the neighborhood for his project.

So I kind of freaked out and Adam, who is almost always the voice of reason when I'm panicking, suggested over the phone that Braeden delay the project a day and that seemed like a good idea.

Especially since there was a whole lot more shoveling to do.  The snow kept coming and coming and I have a sneaky suspicion the boys will get good at clearing the driveway. Braeden told me he's tired of snow. Good thing spring is right around the corner.

Wait.

Here's the view out our bedroom this morning.  Makes you want to put an extra pair of socks on, doesn't it?



I created a wintry white vignette on our mantle in honor of the wintry white world outside.


The rest of the house is somewhat wrecked and still halfway Christmasy (Adam said Christmas is melting), but I didn't show you the rest of the house, did I?

My blog, my version of reality.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails