Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Calm and bright


This is my favorite.

I love when the busy-ness subsides, the kids are home from school and it is time to enjoy the season.

Whoever wrote the Christmas song with the words, "Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again..." was not talking about me.

Braeden often has had gatherings of his friends at our house.  Emma, rarely.  I've told her she can, but she has different social needs than her brother.  Mostly she wants to read.  Today though, she is having friends over for part of a Harry Potter movie marathon.  They're finishing tomorrow at another girl's house.  They are starting early and going late.

She doesn't do things halfway.

And I'm happy. I like a houseful of teenagers. 

1 comment:

Stephanie L Johnson said...

Me too! whenever I hear that part of that song I think that I am so glad I like having my kids at home with me. It was really great to read about all your kid time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails