Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A list

I have had my nose to the grindstone.  Or the computer.  Or the cell phone.  Being a young women's president and planning a youth conference that is a week from today has been a whirlwind.  I am in a constant state of meetings and text messages and emails and phone calls.  The communication is all varied.  The girls only text.  The people my age seem to prefer email.  The ladies a little older use the telephone for talking.

Sunday after three hours of church, I had three hours of meetings.

(It's not the most fun I've ever had.  I have profound sympathy for Adam and his life which is primarily meetings.)

When I pause from all of the roommate assignments, permission slip tracking down and arrangement making, I have to notice the good little things in life too.  Here's a list of a few of the simple + happy things that have been making me smile.

1- unexpected gifts

On my birthday Janet told me she had sent a gift but it was going to be arriving late.  Then I forgot all about it and was delighted when I got the mail. 

2-hot air balloons

I don't care how rotten your night's sleep was, that's a cheering sight.

I love being in the shadow of the mountain in the morning.  And I love that blue sky.

3- my kids' friends

Yesterday afternoon, I was sitting on my bed, answering email about...youth conference.  I glanced outside and saw Emma's friend Vanessa on the trampoline.  Emma was inside doing homework.  I said, "Hey, Emma, did you know Vanessa is outside?"  Emma called out the door to her and Vanessa had been on a bike ride and had stopped for a drink of water.  She decided to jump on the trampoline first.  For one thing, how hardy is Vanessa that she rode her bike all the way up to our house?  (There is a steep incline between Vanessa's house and ours.)  For another thing, I love that she stopped to jump on the trampoline first. 

4- Emma Jayne

Friday night Emma and I found ourselves home alone.  We watched Joe Versus the Volcano, leaning against each other, sharing a blanket in the cool basement.  I also loved sitting next to her during the Women's Broadcast on Saturday night.  She reached over and squeezed my hand when they were talking about motherhood.  Having a daughter is where it's at.

5- my people

This is on the spine of my Young Women Binder (in all caps because just organizing all the papers inside this guy took a lot):



It makes me unreasonably happy every time I see it.

I may be harried and busy and all that, but I am grateful for the little things that added all together are a pretty big thing.


Each day comes bearing its own gifts.  Untie the ribbons.
Ruth Ann Schabacker

7 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

You are so on the ball!

Olivia Cobian said...

You are so on the ball!

Olivia Cobian said...

You are so on the ball!

Olivia Cobian said...

I only meant to say that once, but you are a triple threat with your organizational skills!

Olivia Cobian said...

I only meant to say that once, but you are a triple threat with your organizational skills!

Olivia Cobian said...

I'm going to quit before you have too many comments!

Marianne said...

Is Olivia in the bottom half? I hope so!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails