Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Springtime

It's that time of year when I hear birds in the morning.

Fresh strawberries are starting to be in season, so they're inexpensive.

Adam's creation:  how we celebrated after Emma's concert
It's the time of year when the trees have a light green gauzy cloud around them that is the very beginning of leaves.

For the first time in my life I have trees with blossoms.


And I'm in love.

Also, daffodils!  They were a surprise left from the last homeowners:


Apparently tulips are like candy for deer but they don't like daffodils.

Then there's this:


Nothing to do with spring but it makes me happy.  That's Emma with her friend Adri who has the most infectious wonderful laugh you'll ever hear.  Adri is also a genius with hair.  They had been playing around with turn of the (last) century styles for the upcoming play Emma is in.  First Adri did all those curls then she did this amazing arrangement that reminded me of Mr. Selfridge.  (I wish I'd taken a picture of Emma but you get the idea...)


I had to stop at the store and pick up hairspray for the occasion.  We didn't have any, much to Adri's dismay.  I told her that Emma and I don't use hairspray because we're not really good at hair and we hope the wind can improve our efforts.

Three cheers for spring.

Three cheers for friends with infectious laughs and hair skills.


1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Cute post. I love Emma's seductive look. She looks like Adam there! (Although Adam has never looked at me like that!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails