Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Some observations


It is easier to have a house full of boys over than just a couple of extra girls.  This mystifies me but it is true.  Girls are really loud and really, really silly.  Boys just eat a lot.
 
When I talk to Janet on the phone, it fills my soul and it feels like no time has passed since we've seen each other and it's slightly jarring when we hang up because I remember, "Oh, this is my life now."

If Braeden goes to D.I. (a thrift store) with his friends he a) won't remember the bags of stuff I asked him to take to donate and b) will come home in a Hawaiian shirt and teal pants.  (What did I think would happen?)

We are ridiculous people.  We live a half mile from our church and on Sunday, we took all three cars because we had to be there at different times.  Don't tell my pioneer ancestors.

One of my favorite things in the world is when one or more of my siblings come to town and one or more of us get together.  Saturday we had an impromptu lunch:  Tabor and Katie, Ammon and Melanee, Adam and me, and all our kids (except Braeden who was earning his keep at KFC).

Springing forward is the worst.  Except for in the evenings...when it's still light. 

Before I had to harangue/bribe/cajole Emma to take a walk with me but when she has a Fitbit strapped to her and wants to get more steps than me, she beats me out the door.  And up the hill.

And finally, this:


I like being home.  And not just for the Wi-Fi.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails